Educational student/teacher license
V-Ray for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism. The plug-in works with Robert McNeel & Associates’ Rhinoceros, which is one of the most popular Windows-based NURBS modeling tools available today.
Here are some of the new features of the V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino:
- V-RayRT® - a revolutionary new rendering engine that provides instant feedback and streamlines scene setup. Because V-RayRT® is built upon the same robust core as V-Ray®, it is seamless to transition between the two.
- Dome Light -provides a simple, artifact-free solution for creating image based lighting. Its powerful importance sampling analyzes HDR images to optimize light tracing and GI precision.
- V-Ray Proxy - indispensable tool for managing scene memory and efficiently rendering massive amounts of geometry. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render time, saving vital RAM resources.
- Lens Effects (Glare / Bloom ) - simulate the natural lens effects that occur when photographing highlights.
- Dispersion - provides the ability to trace and refract light based on its wavelength, creating even more realistic results.
- Retrace Threshold - reduces Light Cache artifacts and improves the appearance of glossy reflections and refractions when using the time-saving feature - Use light cache for glossy rays.
- Ambient Occlusion - generates shading based on an object’s proximity, making it an effective solution for enhancing GI details without significantly increasing render time.
- VRayDirt - simulates shading around corners and crevices of objects based on a radial distance. VRayDirt can be used to produce a variety of effects, including ambient occlusion renderings.
- Interpolation (Reflections and Refractions) -accelerates rendering by approximating and caching the effects of glossy reflections and refractions.
- IES Light -uses photometric data to provide accurate light definition.
- Sphere Light- adds a spherical area light to the V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino toolset.
- Additional Parameters such as roughness for diffuse BRDFs, along with exit color and max. depth for reflections and refractions, provide new levels of control when creating materials in V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino .
- Better Rhino Integration
- V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino supports the RDK Sun and can be used in conjunction with the VRaySun/ Sky system.
- V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino supports the 32 and 64 bit versions of Rhino 5.0. as well as the 32 bit version of Rhino 4.0
• Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor.
• 200 MB disk space.
• 512 MB RAM minimum. 2-3 GB or more recommended.
V-Ray for Rhino runs only on:
• Windows 2000 including server
• Windows XP Pro
• Windows XP Home
• Windows Vista*
• Windows 7*
V-Ray for Rhino will not run on:
• Windows NT
• Windows 95
• Windows 98
• Windows ME
• OS X or lower
* V-Ray for Rhino runs as a 32-bit application on Windows x64 and will also run as a 64-bit application with the 64-bit version of Rhino 5.
* Rhino 3 is not supported. V-Ray for Rhino builds are available for Rhino 5, however, the support and functionality for Rhino 5 may vary during the beta process of Rhino 5. Chaos Group will monitor and work quickly to resolve issues that may arise with future builds.
* Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.
* The use of imaged machines is not recommended due to the fact that the licensing is hardware dependent.
* Per Chaos Group - Currently we do not have a version of V-Ray for Rhino on the OS X platform. We have been in contact with Robert McNeel and Associates regarding the options for porting our Windows version of V-Ray for Rhino to Rhino for OS X. However, Rhino for OS X is in the work-in-progress phase and the official Rhino OS X SDK for third party developers is not yet available. We will continue to investigate our options to get V-Ray 1.5 ready for Rhino OS X after the official release of the Windows version of V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino. We will be sure to announce news on V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino OS X as soon as it becomes available.
V-Ray for Rhino purchases made between 1 September, 2011 and the official release date are entitled to a free V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino upgrade. Hardware key purchase is required in order to receive the upgrade.
Benefits of using a hardware key to store software licenses:
- Licenses are safely stored on the hardware device
Often in case of reinstalling/upgrading an OS, change in the hardware, etc. a software key has to be renewed. If this happens more than one or two times many companies are forced to refuse renewal in suspicion of malicious use. Our experience shows that for years of use by thousands of clients there were only few cases of damaged or misplaced hardware keys.
Hardware keys can be moved on different machines by the clients whenever they need to do so. For example when a server is in maintenance or there is a need for the software to be used outside the workspace the hardware keys can be moved very easy from one machine to another.
Licenses can easily be transferred between hardware keys to meet the clients needs as many times as it is required. For example license transfer between workplaces.
At any given time the client can view the licenses, how many are used and who uses them.
PRICE INCLUDES DONGLE AND USPS PRIORITY SHIPPING FEE
Your purchase also includes -
Free collection of over 100 stock models by Evermotion
Available for US, Canada, Mexico and Central America only.