VRay for Softimage EDU - Universities + PDplayer Bundle
VRay for Softimage
V-RAY FOR SOFTIMAGE EDU - UNIVERSITIES + PDPLAYER BUNDLE
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Built on V-Ray’s core platform of rendering speed, stability, and quality, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Softimage® is an advanced rendering solution for the VFX and animation industries. V-Ray for Softimage includes ICE support, efficient Global Illumination, versatile shaders, and much more.
Softimage supported features
• ICE support - render geometry produced by the award-winning Softimage ICE system, including particles, strands, hair, ICE-managed color arithmetic, all fully animated
• Animated parameters - V-Ray will efficiently render Softimage objects with animated parameters and an arbitrary number of keyframes. All geometry modifications and many color-oriented animatable parameters are supported
• Strong render tree support - V-Ray supports dozens of the procedural shader node types for the Softimage render tree, and new ones are added on a regular basis and made available through service packs
• Weightmaps - apply transformations to geometry or color attributes of a scene on a per-vertex basis with full support for Softimage weightmaps
• V-Ray Sun and Sky - create realistic outdoor scenes with physically accurate lighting and atmosphere effects, while maintaining control over rendering times
V-Ray supported features
• Support for efficient material layering
• Support for PTex textures
• V-RayToon shader
• Support for dispersion in refractions for VRayMtl
• Physically accurate lights
• Efficient illumination from HDR environments
• Lens distortion through Nuke displacement maps
• Option to turn off camera motion blur
• Shutter efficiency for motion blur
• Support for additional render elements
• Output of multi-channel scanline OpenEXR files with data-window
• Depth of field with bokeh effects
• Accurate motion blur
• Support for .vrscene output for rendering with V-Ray Standalone
Chaos Group products are licensed per machine and with one V-Ray for Softimage license you can start and use V-Ray GUI and tools inside the platform, start one local render job, speed up batch rendering using up to 5 render slaves with V-Ray Standalone or up to 5 render nodes with Softimage batch.
Note: 32-bit versions are also available for all platforms; additionally, Chaos Group provides versions for Softimage 7.0 and Softimage 7.5 on an as-is, unsupported basis.
• A SSE2- capable processor (Intel Pentium IV or later);
• 2 GB RAM minimum;
• A supported operating system:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP1 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
- Microsoft® Windows 7®, 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
Softimage 2012 SAP
(64-bit supported on all platforms)
Your purchase includes free dongle and free domestic ground shipping!